Determine the one word that can be inserted in both spaces in each sentence. The meaning and pronunciation of the word in the two locations are different.
Example: The supervisor was asked to ___ the ___ to the retiree.
Answer: present (first meaning is "to give", the second is "a gift".)
1. She shed a ___ over the ___ in her expensive evening gown.
2. A ___ is a ___ portion of the entire year.
3. He ___ a rope around his leg to stop the ___ from bleeding.
4. It was easy to ___ class because student ___ was excellent.
5. The farmer was able to ___ better ___ than anyone else.
Click for the ANSWER